Saturday, October 22, 2011

Review: African Pride Olive Miracle Moisturizer Lotion


Whenever I used to think of the brand African Pride, I always had a flashback to to troubled times when I used to wear extensions 24-7. African Pride braid spray was the isht back then, but the smell was...umm..jheri curlish. lol. After years of wearing extensions, I got tired of being braided up and started to explore my natural hair. Needless to say, this was the end of my African Pride affair.

Flash forward to 7 years later during my second time going natural. After flirting with the African Pride Olive Miracle Moisturizer Lotion for about 6 months, I decided to give it a go to style for a braidout. The first thing I noticed was the texture and the smell. It is a creamy oil-based moisturizer, but water is the first ingredient, so it made my hair very smooth when I was applying it. I styled my hair in 5 flat twists and OMG my twists were so shiny and soft! Here are the ingredients:

Water (Aqua,Eau) Glycine Soja (Soybean)Oil,Propolene Glycol,Olea Europaea (Olive)Fruit oil,Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Cocos Nucifera (Coconut)Oil,Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed oil,Persia Gratissima (Avocado)Oil,Panax Ginseng Root Extract,Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary)Leaf Extract,Equisetum Hiemale ( Horsetail )Extract,Melaleuca Alternifolia ( Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Hydrogenated vegetable oil,Steareth-2 Steareth-20,Polyquaternium-37, Propolyne Glycol,Dicprylate/Dicaprate,PPG-1,Trideceth-6,Phenyl Trimethicone,Laneth-15,Lanolin oil,Dimethicone, DMDM Hydantoin,TBHQ,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,CI 19140 (FD&C Yellow #5) Parfum (Fragrance)


Here is my twist-out puff after using moisturizer:



Because shea butter is one of the first few ingredients, it helps to be light-handed with this product. A little bit goes a long way! Also, lightly misting the hair with water definitely helps before using the lotion because it is oil-based and you want to trap the moisture in.

P.S. It is good to be back (again). :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment