Friday, December 17, 2010

Skin Soothers 101



I have struggled with eczema since middle school. This is not a fun thing, especially if you are all about preserving your sexy on a daily basis like myself. I went to so many doctors and tried so many creams! It seemed like a horrible nightmare, until I saw the light. The natural light, that is.

I ditched the creams and focused on healing my skin naturally. Here are some of the precious gems that have helped me out. Using the following items, I have managed to keep my eczema in check 98% of the time:

Shea Butter (Unrefined)- I apply this at night around my eyes and where other fine lines may pop up. Whipped, it makes an excellent anti-aging cream. Shea butter works really fast at soothing eczema flare-ups.

Grapeseed oil- I apply this to my skin in the morning after cleansing my face. This makes my skin feel so smooth and silky. It is an extremely light oil that absorbs into the skin quickly without leaving a greasy feel. Grapeseed oil is chocked full of antioxidants! It also evens the skin tone after a few months of consistent use. I have noticed brighter, smoother skin using grapeseed oil.

Coconut oil- I mix this with aloe vera gel to make a soothing mask for my skin when I have a rare flare up. The aloe vera gel is excellent at soothing any kind of skin irritation. The coconut oil acts as a conditioner, softening the skin. For those without eczema, this is a wonderful facial mask for those with dry skin.



I hope this information was helpful to those in need. We gotta keep our skin game on point for the holidays, right?

Have a great weekend <3

No comments:

Post a Comment